Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

     I really only have one goal this year...to be healthy. No, I don't normally have an issue with this. Lets expand a bit. I want to exercise more, not just running, but other exercise so that I continue to love running and I want to make better food choices, less carbs more veggie. I love veggies, I need to use that. I want to be a good example for my daughter...and I really want to kick 40 in the face (this is made easier by being carded the other day for the bottle of wine in my shopping cart-Score!).

    In the past year, my running times slowed down. I had gotten my half marathon time under 2:30:00 for two races, then started marathon training in the heat and humidity. This year, no excuses. You want to be fast, you run fast and you work hard. You suck it up and hit the hills and cross train. In light of that, I am giving up one of my short runs so I have time for two days a week to go to the gym with the honey. Theoretically, I loose 10 pounds, my run times get faster, and better yet, I am not burnt out from just running so all of it feels better, weight loss or not. Not following the written schedule kills me, so this will be a test in loosening up. End goal- enjoy the running more.

     I also have a full running schedule...Alabama and Mississippi kick off January...then I am throwing in Idaho, Utah and Wyoming in June, Maine and Vermont in July, New York in October and maybe Connecticut in September...its and expensive traveling kind of year...but I am turning 40 and I am worth it.

     I am also taking another wack at Tobacco Road Marathon, will try to get into Marine Corp Marathon and the Philadelphia Marathon.

     It sounds like a lot, but really, its all geared towards healthy choices that make me feel good. Bring it on 2016! Lets see what you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment